Windows 10 has been released. There won't be any further update and support for StartMenu 8+.Bring back classic Windows StartMenu!
StartMenu 8+ is a freeware software that brings back classic Windows Start Menu for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1!
The program is easy to use, just install it and run it. After StartMenu 8+ is started, simply move your mouse to the bottom left corner of your screen or click Windows key on your keyboard.
Start Menu 8+ is specially designed for Window 8.1 and Windows 8. It disables hot corners and the charms bar and kills Metro. You can pin applications to start menu easily, can see recently used files for pinned applications and can perform a search on Start Menu 8+, like you are on Windows 7's Start Menu. It has a very simple and slick user interface without any complexity and it is very easy to use.
Start Menu 8+ is great solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro interface in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
Using StartMenu 8+ together with Windows 8.1 Metro
If Metro is disabled (left pic), If Metro is not disabled (right pic) on Windows 8.0
- Brings back classic Windows Start Menu.
- Disables hot corners and the charms bar. (You can enable or disable this option)
- Disables Metro on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (You can enable or disable this option)
- Users can see recently used files for pinned applications.
- Users can pin applications to start menu easily like on Windows 7.
- Users can perform a search on Start Menu 8+ like they are on Windows 7.
- Simple and slick user interface.
- Supports more then 40 languages.
- Easy to use.
- And more ..